This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure.
- How to Start a Blog on Bluehost in 2020 with FREE Blog Training
- 5 Things You Need to Know Before Launching a Blog in 2020
- Starting a Blog as a Side Hustle – Tools & Resources
Best Laptops for Bloggers and Blogging in 2020
- 8th Generation Intel Core i7 8565U Processor (Up to 4.6GHz)
- 14 inches Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED backlit IPS Multi Touch Convertible Display
- 16GB DDR4 Memory & 512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Rechargeable Active Stylus; Thin 0.38 inches Bezel; Dual Front Facing Speakers; 802.11acWi Fi featuring 2x2 MU MIMO Technology
- Just 0.78 inches Thin, 3.75 pounds and Up to 12 Hours of Battery Life
- Fast Processor 10th Generation intel(r) core(tm) i5-1035g1 Processor quad-core 1 0 GHz Base frequency up to 3 6 GHz with Intel's) Turbo Boost Technology
- Display 15 6-Inch diagonal HD SVA bright View micro-edge WLED-backlit touchscreen display (1366 x 768)
- Fast boot up with SSD Boot up in seconds transfer files without waiting hours and enjoy a snappier experience with the internal solid-state drive 512 GB pcie(r) nvme(tm) M 2 Solid State Drive
- 1 HDMI 1 4b 1 headphone/microphone combo 1 USB 3 1 Type-C Gen 1 (Data Transfer up to 5 Gb/s) 2 USB 3 1 Gen 1 (Data transfer only) 1 AC smart pin
- Windows 10 Home No DVD
- 1.8 GHz dual-core Intel Core i5 Processor
- Intel HD Graphics 6000
- Fast SSD Storage
- 8GB memory
- Two USB 3 ports
- Thunderbolt 2 port
- Sdxc port
- With a 1920 x 1080 Full HD touch screen Display and the powerful and efficient AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile Processor, you can work, stream, and game for hours, along with Radeon Vega 8 for fast video and photo editing. Includes HDMI, USB-C, and USB 3.1 inputs
- Comprehensive, built-in, ongoing protection with Windows 10 helps protect you against viruses, malware, and ransomware
- Convenient true block privacy shutter allows you to physically close your PC's webcam whenever you're not using it
- With the included active Pen, you can draw or take notes directly on the screen, anywhere you go
- Up to 10 hours of battery life with recharge Technology to power your laptop computer up to 80% in just one hour
- 15.6" 1920x1080 IPS Micro-edge Touchscreen WLED-backlit Display. Intel UHD Graphics: Smoothly stream content and play your favorite games.
- 10th generation Intel Core processor: Enjoy immersive entertainment and game, stream and create content with accelerated performance.
- 16GB system Memory for advanced multitasking substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.
- 512GB Solid State Drive (PCI-e). Save files fast and store more data. With massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power, PCI-e SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- Windows 10 operating system - Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. Accessories: ABYS USB extension cable, HDMI cable and mouse pad + HP Active Pen.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor @ 1.20GHz (4 Cores, up to 3.7GHz, 6MB Cache).
- Windows 10 Home in S mode (You may switch to regular windows 10: Press "Start button" bottom left of the screen; Select "Settings" icon above "power" icon;Select Update & Security and Activation, then Go to Store; Select "Get" option under "Switch out of S mode"; Hit Install.)
- RAM is upgraded to 8 GB DDR4 SDRAM for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once.
- 256GB Solid State Drive Save files fast and store more data. With massive amounts of storage and advanced communication power,SSDs are great for major gaming applications, multiple servers, daily backups, and more.
- 14.0 inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display; Intel UHD Graphics with shared graphics memory.
- With the latest Intel Pentium Silver N5000 Quad-Core Up to 2.7GHz processor you get the reliable performance you need to work and play.
- 15.6-inch diagonal HD SVA WLED-backlit touchscreen display Typical 1366 x 768 HD resolution. The touch display has a basic HD-class picture resolution (sharpness) and TN-class narrow viewing angles. Let You Have a Full Grasp of its Graphical and Visual Excellence
- 8GB system memory for advanced multitasking;Substantial high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run your games and photo- and video-editing applications, as well as multiple programs and browser tabs all at once.1TB hard drive for ample file storage space; Holds a sizeable collection of digital photos, music, HD videos and DVD-quality movies.
- Wifi 802.11ac, Bluetooth, USB 3.0, HDMI output expands your viewing options, Front-facing HP Webcam with integrated digital microphone; Basic Intel UHD 605 integrated graphics. Take advantage of the newest, highest performance, fastest, energy efficient premium CPU, with multi-task capabilities to work through any task at hand
- Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen.
- 10th Gen Intel Core i5-1035G4 Processor @ 1. 10GHz (4 Cores, up to 3. 7GHz, 6MB Cache)
- 8GB 2666MHz DDR4 Memory for full-power multitasking, 128GB PCIe SSD
- 14. 0-inch HD (1366 x 768) Anti-Glare LED-Backlit Non-touch Display; Intel Iris Plus Graphics with shared graphics memory
- Windows 10 Home, S Mode, 64-bit, English
- Qualcomm DW1810, 1 x 1, 802. 11ac with Wi-Fi, Wireless LAN, Bluetooth 4. 1; 1. SD Card Reader | 2. USB 2. 0 | 3. Wedge-Shaped Lock Slot | 4. Power | 5. HDMI 1. 4b | 6. RJ45 | 7. USB 3. 1 Gen 1 | 8. USB 3. 1 Gen 1 | 9. Headphone & Microphone Audio Jack
- AMD Dual Core A9-9425 2 Cores 2 Threads 3. 1Ghz Base Frequency Max Turbo Frequency 3. 7Ghz , 16GB DDR4 Memory, 1TB HDD
- 15. 6-Inch HD (1366 x 768) Energy-efficient WLED-backlight Display, AMD Radeon R5 Graphics
- 10/100Mbps Ethernet, 802_11_AC, Bluetooth 4. 0, Card Reader, HD Audio with Stereo Speakers, DVD RW, Webcam
- 2 x USB 3. 0 Type-A, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone/microphone Combo Jack, 1 x RJ-45
- Full-size Island-style Keyboard with Numeric Keypad, Windows 10 Home 64-bit, 31WHr 2-cell lithium_ion, 4. 63lb, Black
- 8th Gen Intel Core i5-8265U Processor (6M Cache, up to 3.90 GHz) processor delivers fast, provides maximum high-efficiency power to go.
- 17.3 Inch diagonal HD+ SVA (1600 x 900) Display, Intel HD Graphics 620, DVD/CD burner, DTS Studio Sound with dual speakers.
- RAM is upgraded to 16GB memory for multitasking Adequate high-bandwidth RAM to smoothly run multiple applications and browser tabs all at once. Hard Drive is upgraded to 256GB SSD provides massive storage space for huge files, so that you can store important digital data and work your way through it with ease. It gives you enormous space to save all of your files. Enhance the overall performance of the laptop for business, student, daily usage
- 1 x USB 3.0 Type-A, 1 x USB 2.0 Type-A, 1 x USB Type-C, 1 x HDMI, 1 x Headphone output/Microphone input combo.
- Windows 10 brings back the Start Menu from Windows 7 and introduces new features, like the Edge Web browser that lets you markup Web pages on your screen. | 1-Year UpgradePro Limited Warranty* | View description and warranty section below for more details.
Is Microsoft Surface Better Than Macbook?
Notice I didn’t recommend the Microsoft Surface or the Macbook. I think it’s pretty clear why I don’t recommend the Macbook as it wasn’t a reliable laptop for my business.
I haven’t owned the Microsoft Surface, but they appear to be powerful laptops.
The Surface Pro seems to be a good competitor for a lightweight laptop, but my top pick isn’t either of these.
|MacBook Air 2019||Surface Pro 6|
|Starting Price (as configured)||$1,199||$619;|
|Display||13.3-inch, 2560 x 1600||12.3-inch, 2736 x 1824 (touch screen)|
|CPU||Intel Core i5-8210Y||Intel Core i5-8250U|
|Graphics||UHD 617||UHD 617|
|Ports||2 Thunderbolt 3, headphone||USB 3.0, DisplayPort, Surface Connect, microSD, headphone|
|Size||12 x 8.4 x 0.6 inches||11.5 x 7.9 x 0.3 inches|
|Weight||2.8 pounds||1.7 pounds; 2.4 pounds w/ keyboard|
Perfection Hangover Best Laptop for Blogging Pick
After many years and many laptops, I’ve learned that you need to go with a quad-core with more storage and reviews matter. As such, I’m considering this Lenovo business laptop. But we will pay cash with income earned from blogging. This will be a tax write-off as a business expense, so it’s a win-win!
| ||Lenovo 15.6" ThinkPad E580 High Performance Business Laptop (Intel 8th Gen i7-8550U Quad-Core, 32GB...||16 Reviews||Check on Amazon|
I’ve done all the things! Girl, I’ve washed my face. I’ve trashed everything that doesn’t spark joy. I’ve walked the baby steps. I’ve cried. I’ve prayed, but my perfectionism has really held me back.
Perfection Hangover can be crippling. Stop comparing yourself to others and start living your best life! That’s why PH exists! I want to encourage you to take control of your money, your blog, and your business.
Last update on 2020-04-01 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API