This post may contain affiliate links. Click here to read my full disclosure.
Personal development is such a big part of my life, but it wasn’t always that way. I never used to open books unless I was forced to, but audiobooks have made reading so much more enjoyable! I’m providing this Scribd review because, quite frankly, we’ve all heard of Audible and know all about it.
But for the fun of it, and because I like comparing apples to apples, here’s a quick overview of Audible, Amazon’s “OG” audiobook subscription service.
- Audible is a personal development subscription service that costs $14.95 per month
- Limited to choosing 1 audiobook per month + 2 Audible Originals (keyword for books no one cares about).
- You can try Audible with their free 30-day trial. Cancel anytime. If nothing else, you get a few free books out of it!
Scribd Review: The Audible Alternative
I’ve been using Scribd for over a year now, and it’s one of my favorite subscriptions that I just can’t let go of (no matter how tight the budget may be). I’ve wanted to provide a Scribd review for a long time because I don’t think many people know it exists, and it’s so much better than Audible, at least in my opinion.
How Does Scribd Work & How Much Does Scribd Cost?
The cost of Scribd is just $8.99 per month and membership includes unlimited audiobooks.
Start with a 30-day free trial of Scribd here. Then download the app to your iPhone or Android device. You can then login to your account and start listening or reading right away.
It’s so simple!
Scribd vs Audible
The most notable differences between Scribd vs Audible are that Scribd is more affordable and allows you to read/listen to unlimited audiobooks at all times. So there is no limit to the number of books you can read!
There are many categories to choose from so pick your poison! 🙂
I wanted to share this with you because I noticed I couldn’t find a single Scribd review online when I found this app. I think so many people could benefit from it! Here’s an infographic list of the different categories.
Scribd Audiobooks Options
The Scribd audiobooks library is extensive. To give you an idea of some of the books available, here’s a list of several in the various genres. Note that there are sub-topics under each topic, so there’s really a ton of options to choose from.
Career & Money (my favorite category)
- Bad with Money: The Imperfect Art of Getting your Financial Sh*t Together by Gaby Dunn
- Napoleon Hill’s A Year of Growing Rich: 52 Steps to Achieving Life’s Rewards
Personal Growth (another one of my faves)
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up by Marie Kondo
- Daring Greatly by Brene Brown
- Outer Order, Inner Calm by Gretchen Rubin
To learn more about Marie Kondo’s “KonMari Method”, check out my post on decluttering.
Politics & Current Affairs (if you like that sort of thing)
Science & Technology
Health & Fitness
The Yogi Code: Seven Universal Laws of Infinite Success by Yogi Cameron
- Reese Witherspoon’s Whiskey in a Teacup
- Queer Eye: Love Yourself. Love Your Life by Antoni Porowski, Karamo Brown and Jonathan Van Ness
Biographies & History
Fiction & Literature
I’m currently working on a video walkthrough of the Scribd app so be sure to subscribe to my YouTube channel! Then you will be the first one to see it in action!
Life is a collection of memories and experiences. There are ups and downs. I am so grateful for God’s grace and am on the journey to a renewed spirit, free of perfectionism. Perfection Hangover offers the sober truth – no filter.